Tobacconist’s goods can be bought only in tobacco shops (Nemzeti Dohánybolt). In some of these shops you can also buy coffee, chewing gum, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
Smoking is prohibited at the university and medical areas, at bus and railway stations, in hospitals or wherever it is prohibited by a notice-board or owner.
There are some holidays in Hungary when all the schools, shops and offices are closed.
- 1st January – New Year’s Day
- 15th March – National Holiday
- Good Friday – the Friday preceding Easter Sunday
- Easter Monday
- 1st May
- Whitsun/Pentecost – seven weeks after Easter Sunday
- 20th August – National Holiday
- 23rd October – National Holiday
- 1st November – All Saints' Day
- 25th-26th December – Christmas