Dear International Students,
In order to combat the pandemic, starting from the 28th of March until the 11th of April, the Hungarian government introduces more restrictions on movement.
To help you, we collected the most relevant regulations, please follow them to keep everyone safe:
Everyone must minimize social interactions – except the ones living in the same household – and keep a distance of 1,5 meters from others. This must be upheld while using public transportation as well.
It is prohibited to stay inside catering/entertainment businesses – except for people working there. Another exception is receiving takeaway food.
You can only leave your place of residence for the following reasons:
- Purchases at grocery stores selling daily consumer goods with these exceptions: in order to create a safe time zone for the elderly, between 9:00am 12:00pm only people over 65 can visit grocery stores, pharmacies and markets.
- Individual sport activities, pedestrian traffic outside the inland areas of municipalities preferably in green areas - alone or with the same household can be continued by keeping a distance of at least 1,5 meters from others.
- Access to healthcare and services, including healing activities both physical and mental
- Visits to the petrol stations
- Shopping in a tobacco store
- Taking care of animals, walking of pets in public areas, visit to veterinary office and veterinary hospital
- Work, activities in economy, agriculture or forestry, and purchasing the essential materials and tools for these at the shops.
- The most necessary cases requiring personal appearance for administration, such as magisterial, banking-, financial-, insurance- and postal services
Police will be enforcing these restrictions with the involvement of the military and other law enforcement agencies.
According to Hungarian Law violating these restrictions could be punishable by a fine of at least 5000 HUF at most 500.000 HUF.
The Law Enforcement services can also use any kind of coercive measures – in compliance with necessity and proportionality - to uphold the restriction.
You can find more information here: http://abouthungary.hu/news-in-brief/coronavirus-update-decree-on-restrictions-on-movement-released/
In case you notice symptoms such as:
- High fever of over 38 degrees Celsius
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath and/or difficulty breathing
- Muscle and/or joint pain,
please STAY AT HOME. According to the current procedure, you must CALL the following numbers:
During weekdays, between 08:00h to 16:00h:
Telephone number: +36 30 227-86-04
(MD's of Coordinating Center for International Education, University of Debrecen)
In any other time, or in case the previous phone number is not available:
Telephone number: +36 52-511-866
(Dept. of Infectology, Kenézy Hospital, University of Debrecen).
With kindest regards,
Volunteers of Erasmus Student Network Hungary